Japanese Style Steak Tartare
Indulge in the exquisite taste of Japanese-style Steak Tartare with White Beech Mushroom, a one-of-a-kind dish that will tantalize your taste buds.
Which ingredients do you need?
- 50 g white beech mushroom
- ¼ ciabatta
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- approx. 170 g round steak (at room temperature)
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp Japanese soy sauce less salt
- 1 tsp (toasted) sesame oil
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp wasabi
- 2 egg yolks
How do you make this dish?
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Cut the ciabatta into diagonal, thin slices. Drizzle with some of the oil and bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over high heat. Bake the beech mushroom for about 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut the steak into thin strips, chop it finely. Finely chop the spring onion.
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce and wasabi in a bowl. Add the steak and spring onion. Mix well.
- Divide the steak tartare in a ring or on the plates as desired. Place the egg yolks in the center of the tartare. Divide the beech mushrooms around and garnish with coriander or cress.
TIP Planning to serve (round) steak for your meal? Elevate your starters by adding a twist with this quick and easy steak tartare recipe that is sure to impress!