Risotto with shiitake
Savor the mouth-watering taste of Shiitake Risotto, a savory and aromatic dish that is perfect for lovers of Italian cuisine.
Which ingredients do you need?
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 60 g of butter
- 300 g Arborio risotto rice
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 liter of hot mushroom stock
- 150 g shiitake
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 10 g fresh flat parsley
How do you make this dish?
- Cut the shallots into half rings. Finely chop the garlic. Strip the leaves from the thyme sprigs. Scrub the shiitake and cut the shiitake into pieces. Coarsely chop the parsley.
- Heat half the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the risotto rice, garlic, and thyme and fry for about 2 minutes, or until the rice grains are translucent.
- Deglaze the risotto with the wine and stir until it is absorbed. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons stock and stir again until absorbed. Repeat until the rice is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the butter and the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. When the butter is bubbling and the pan is hot, add the shiitake mushrooms, reduce the heat to medium. Fry the shiitake for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese. Add the cheese to the rice and stir to a creamy risotto.
- Divide the risotto over deep plates. Divide the shiitake on top and sprinkle with the parsley.
TIP Delicious with truffle tapenade or truffle oil. Or opt for a saffron risotto by adding some saffron to the hot broth.
Enjoy your meal and, above all, savour the mushrooms!